Brecon Medical Group Practice
We always try to provide the best services possible, but there may be times when you feel this has not happened. The following information explains our in-house complaints procedure, drawn up to respond to patient grievances and concerns.
Our practice procedure will provide the opportunity for us to look into and, if necessary, correct any problems that you have identified and learn from mistakes. Our procedure is not able to deal with questions of legal liability or compensation.
We believe it is important to deal with complaints swiftly and we will do so in accordance with the NHS Complaints Procedure in Wales. Although it is usually the patient who raises a concern, anyone, including the patient’s representative can do so. Please note that we have a duty of confidentiality and a patient’s consent may be necessary if the patient in person does not make the complaint.
· If you wish to make a formal complaint, please telephone or write to our Practice Management Team.
· You will be offered the opportunity to discuss how you would like your complaint taken forward and confirm what outcome you are seeking.
· Your complaint will be acknowledged within two working days.
· A full response will be provided within 30 working days unless a different timescale has been agreed. More complex concerns may take longer and therefore an interim response will be sent within 30 workings days and you will be updated regularly.
· We shall endeavor to conclude all investigations within six months.
We aim to resolve your complaint locally however if you remain dissatisfied with our investigation and response to your concerns, you can refer them to the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales whose contact details are:
Public Services Ombudsman for Wales
1 Ffordd yr Hen Gae
CF35 5LJ Telephone: 0845 601 0987
We understand that raising a complaint can be difficult. Powys Community Health Council (PCHC) is an independent statutory organisation, which represents the interests of patients and the public in the National Health Service in Powys. PCHC provide a free and independent complaints Advocacy service that offers confidential support, advice and guidance for those wishing to make a complaint about the NHS. The Brecon office is situated at Neuadd Brycheiniog, Cambrian Way, Brecon LD3 7HR
Tel: 01874 624206